Welcome to Content for Everyone
About the Book
Content for Everyone: A Practical Guide for Creative Entrepreneurs to Produce Accessible and Usable Web Content
by Jeff Adams and Michele Lucchini
Content for Everyone is a must-read for creative entrepreneurs looking to improve the usability and accessibility of their website, email and social media content.
With over a billion people living with some form of disability worldwide, it’s more important than ever to make sure your content is accessible. In this easy-to-follow practical guide, you’ll learn techniques to make your content more accessible, without needing any in-depth technical knowledge. From adding meaningful alternative text to images, to choosing colors with enough contrast for easy readability, to adding captions to your videos and more, Content for Everyone has everything you need to reach a wider audience and improve the user experience for everyone.
Don’t miss out on the opportunity to improve your content and reach more people.Content for Everyone is available in ebook, paperback, and large print paperback. You can find the ebook, paperback and audiobook at your favorite retailer, including Amazon, Apple Books, Barnes & Noble, Google Play, and Kobo. You can also find it at your local bookseller, and request it from your local library.
Table of Contents
Here’s a look at the Content for Everyone table of contents to highlight the specific topics we cover:
- Introduction: Who We Are and Why We Wrote This Book
- Why Accessible Content Matters
- Accessing Content on the Web
- The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines and What They Mean to You
- What Can You Do?
- Practical Guide to Improving Your Content’s Accessibility
- Images/Non-text Content
- Images of Text
- Page Titles
- Use of Color/Color Contrast
- Link Text
- Language of the Page/Parts of the Page
- Audio & Video
- Auto Play Elements: Carousels, Videos, Animations
- Keyboard Navigation, Focus Order & Visible Focus
- Instructions, Labels & Error Messages
- Pop-up Windows
- Clear, Concise, Easy to Read Content
- Social Media & Email
- What Can You Find with an Accessibility Scan?
- Web Accessibility and the Law
Content for Everyone Newsletter
Get updates about Content for Everyone by signing up for our monthly newsletter.